1. Check out previous contest winners, and listen to other songs about social justice issues to get a sense of messaging and song structure.
2. Think about human rights issues you feel strongly about. What do you want the audience to learn or walk away with after hearing your song? If you need some inspiration, learn about our STTP Defenders, have a look at the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, or think about human rights abuses you’ve witnessed in your own life.
3. Have a look at our resources to learn how to write an original song.
4. Follow the Contest Guidelines below:
- Submission can be in any genre
- Submissions must be an original student composition
- Submission must be performed by the student songwriter(s)
- The song may be performed a cappella or with accompaniment
- The song must demonstrate positivity and not victimization
5. Remember, no matter how old you are, you have a voice!
6. Submit your song HERE.