The Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Diversity Internship Program is a 10-week, part-time, Summer work opportunity for deserving students with an interest in the international human rights field. Students of Alaskan Native, American Indian, Asian/Pacific Islander, African American, Hispanic, or of other racial minority descent are encouraged to apply.
This program is available to students with a grade point average of 3.2 or above who have completed their freshman year in college. They must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate college program.
The Development & Communications Intern will aid the Development and Communications Departments in New York in all aspects of departmental management. This is an ideal internship for a college junior or senior who is seeking to expand their knowledge of the international human rights field. Position reports to the Business Management Analyst.
- Perform prospect research on potential donors and write donor profiles.
- Work on securing funding through foundation grants and corporate gifts.
- Provide support for events. Assist with invitations, RSVP calls, event staffing, and other tasks as needed.
- Create social media content.
- Develop, write, edit and proofread communications materials.
- Maintain our Salesforce database. Enter data and pull reports.
- Provide support on various tasks as they arise as well as administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and be organized, flexible, trustworthy and able to work in teams or self-direct day-to-day activities. They will have the following skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Comfort and poise when interacting with donors, human rights advocates, and VIPs
- Technical proficiency or the ability to easily learn a variety of office applications and database systems, especially Salesforce
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, driven undergraduate with an interest in learning about fundraising and communications at an international human rights organization.
To apply for this position, please send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.