(New York, NY)
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Diversity Internship Program
The Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Diversity Internship Program is a 12-week, part-time, Fall Semester work opportunity for deserving students with an interest in the international human rights field. Students from ethnic and cultural backgrounds including Alaskan Native, American Indian, Asian/Pacific Islander, African American, and Hispanic descent are encouraged to apply.
This program is available to students with a grade point average of 3.2 or above who have completed their freshman year in college. They must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate college program. Students receive a stipend and monthly MetroCard.
Interns will aid the Development and Communications Departments in New York in all aspects of departmental management. This is an ideal internship for a college junior or senior who is seeking to expand their knowledge of the international human rights field. Position reports to the Business Management Analyst.
- Perform prospect research on potential donors and write donor profiles.
- Draft letters for major donors and proofread proposals
- Maintain our Salesforce database. Enter data and pull reports.
- Work on securing funding through foundation grants and corporate gifts.
- Provide support for events. Assist with invitations, RSVP calls, event staffing, and other tasks as needed.
- Create social media content.
- Develop, write, edit and proofread communications materials.
- Provide support on various tasks as they arise as well as administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and be organized, flexible, trustworthy and able to work in teams or self-direct day-to-day activities. They will have the following skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Technical proficiency or the ability to easily learn a variety of office applications and database systems, especially Salesforce and Excel
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, driven undergraduate with an interest in learning about fundraising and communications at an international human rights organization.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include “RFKHRIntern: Your Name” as the subject of your email. No calls please.